I’ve begun working on the next version of Statistical PERT Beta Edition. Version 2 will have the same data visualization features as what SPERT Normal Edition received earlier this year. Namely:
- Line Sparklines to show the implied, bell-shaped curve for each row containing a SPERT estimate
- New, tri-colored combo charts to show the bell-shaped curve for summarized rows (on the 1-point, 3-point, and Mixed entry tabs)
- New, tri-colored combo chart on the Charts tab, which uses the beta distribution to show skewed distributions
- New, tri-colored pie chart on the Charts tab, to show an easy distribution of areas below, above and between the boundary limits
- And perhaps a few others ideas, too….
If you’d like to download and try-out Version 2, you can it on my new GitHub repository. Be sure to download from the “version_2” branch to see the Version 2 SPERT Beta Edition. And keep in mind that until I officially release Version 2, this should be regarded as an in-development version, not a final, stable version.
If you have any comments or suggestions on how to further improve Statistical PERT, comment below or contact me.